Classic Cherry Jubilee Recipe
Now you can make your own classic Cherry Jubilee Recipe. A homemade recipe for your own Cherry Jubilee is a great way to celebrate any occasion. Enjoy the best Cherry Jubilee for your parties and other social gatherings. This makes a very romantic Valentine’s day dessert because of the red color and flames. Try the best ever classic Cherry Jubilee Recipe.
Classic Cherry Jubilee Recipe
This lovely classic cherry jubilee recipe is a wonderful dessert to impress your guests. For extra special presentation spoon the ice cream into the dishes, flame the cherries, and prepare to serve while the blue flame dies. Igniting the cherries in front of guests is a superb presentation and easy to do as well. Your guests will undoubtedly be sure you just attended the nearest culinary school of fine baking. They will never know the ease of preparing this special dessert. The taste of this lovely classic cherry jubilee dessert will be one they will not forget soon.
A lovely dessert to prepare for your in-laws visit or that special anniversary date with your spouse. A special flaming classic cherry jubilee recipe is sure to light the flame of romance for any couple. Serve this lovely dessert in white fluted dessert dishes for a superb classic presentation. The lovely presentation is as superb as this classic cherry jubilee dessert recipe.
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ¼ cup brandy
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cherry extract
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 lb pitted Bing or other dark, sweet cherries (or use frozen pitted cherries)
- Whipped cream and shredded coconut, to serve (optional)
- Whisk the sugar and cornstarch together in a pan.
- Stir in the water and orange juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over a medium-high heat and whisk until thickened.
- Add the cherries and orange zest, return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the cherries are cooking, spoon the ice cream into serving bowls.
- Remove the cherries from the heat, and stir in the cherry extract.
- Pour in the brandy, and ignite with a long lighter.
- Gently shake the pan until the blue flame has gone out by itself.
- Add the cherries over the bowls of ice cream.
- Garnish with whipped cream and shredded coconut, if liked.
Photo Credit: Cherries jubilee by stu_spivack, on Flickr
You can see how the finished cherries jubilee is going to look, and anyone who loves cherries is going to find this dessert absolutely fantastic. This is not the kind of dessert you would make for yourself though. Oh no, this dessert is certainly one to share, whether you are hoping to impress dinner party guests or wishing to serve something extra special to your Valentine this year. Cherries Jubilee is a classic dessert recipe which has been around for a long time but nobody ever gets tired of it because it is so amazing.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49866 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32443 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17617 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10604 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9806 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9031 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8536 Views)