Apricot Trifle with Egg Custard Pudding
This delicious apricot trifle is made in layers, like most trifle recipes. Apricot jam, egg custard flavor instant pudding, cake, and apricot gelatin are combined to make this tasty dessert and it is garnished with sherry-soaked apricots. This classy dessert is colorful and appealing. Apricot gelatin is not one of the most common flavors but it tastes really nice, especially when combined with apricot pieces marinated in sherry, as well as apricot jam. You can use a different type of gelatin if you like, or contrast the apricot gelatin with a different flavor of jam.
To save time when making this apricot trifle recipe, you can use a readymade cake rather than the yellow cake mix. The results will be very similar. Brushing the sherry or wine over the cake gives it a great taste and makes it moist. Most trifle recipes feature cake and a lot feature alcohol, so this keeps it authentic.
One thing this apricot trifle recipe does not have is whipped cream on top. Whipped cream is a popular ingredient in many trifle recipes but it is not necessary to use it if you do not want to. The spoonfuls of gelatin decorating this apricot trifle look good as they are.
- 4 chopped dried apricot halves
- 3 eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup sweet sherry, Muscat, or Marsala wine
- 8 tablespoons apricot jam
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package apricot gelatin
- 1 package egg custard flavor instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Dissolve the apricot gelatin in the boiling water, and then stir in the cold water.
- Leave it in the refrigerator to set.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Soak the apricot pieces in 3 tablespoons of the sherry or wine.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Stir together the cake mix, oil and eggs in a mixing bowl and however much water the instructions on the package call for.
- Beat well.
- Spread the batter into the pan and bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the pan for 15 minutes to cool.
- Whisk the egg custard flavor pudding with the milk.
- Unmold the cake and chop it into 1 inch pieces.
- Brush the rest of the sherry or wine over the pieces.
- Divide the apricot jam between 8 serving glasses, and then top it with the cake cubes and half the pudding.
- Add half the gelatin, then the rest of the pudding.
- Finally add the sherry-soaked apricots and the remaining gelatin to garnish the desserts.
Serving gelatin recipes and trifle recipes in individual glasses gives them a classy touch. You can serve this tasty apricot trifle in martini glasses, like in the photo, if you want to. Else any other kind of glasses would also work. This is a wonderful recipe for trifle, combining yellow cake with apricot gelatin, egg custard flavor instant pudding (a brilliant way to get the authentic trifle egg custard taste and texture), and even a little sweet sherry for an elegant touch. If you are looking for something sophisticated but not too difficult to prepare, we heartily recommend this amazing apricot trifle recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49943 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32452 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18617 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17626 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13832 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10612 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9816 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9483 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8546 Views)