Blueberry Trifle with Mascarpone Cream
If you are looking for the best strawberry trifle original recipe, this one is very good. Although it does not contain any cake, the fruity flavors combine very nicely with the vanilla pudding on top. This dessert is made with a layer of strawberry gelatin containing mandarin segments and raspberries, a layer of creamy instant vanilla pudding and a layer of cream and apricots, making it perfect for the spring or summer because it is cool and refreshing.
There are plenty of variations for this blueberry trifle recipe. As well as switching the pound cake for a different cake, you can leave out the Grand Marnier or substitute another liqueur instead. Sherry works well, as would port or brandy. The gelatin holds the dessert together and infuses it with even more blueberry flavor. Feel free to use any preserve or jelly instead. If you cannot find blueberries, try kiwi, pears, peaches, or strawberries as a substitute. You can use the blueberry gelatin or switch if for a different flavor.
The classic recipe for trifle uses a layer of vanilla custard but in this blueberry trifle recipe, you will be using a mascarpone-enriched cream instead. Mascarpone is a soft, unripe cheese from Italy and Switzerland, which features in the classic tiramisu recipe. Vanilla and sugar are added to the mascarpone and cream for more flavor and sweetness. If you have a really sweet tooth, you can add some more sugar to the mixture. Chill this trifle for a minimum of four hours before serving it, so the gelatin can set and the flavors can mingle really well.
- 8 slices pound cake
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅔ cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Gran Marnier
- 1 package blueberry gelatin
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and then stir in the cold water.
- Cut the pound cake slices into cubes and sprinkle the Gran Marnier over them.
- Beat the cream with the mascarpone, vanilla, and white sugar until you get soft peaks.
- Spoon alternate layers of pound cake, mascarpone cream, and blueberries into 6 one-cup size serving glasses.
- Pour the thickened gelatin over the top and chill the trifle for up to 24 hours, to let the flavors blend.
The blend of colors in this blueberry trifle really makes it look appealing, as you can see from the picture. The ripe blueberries, mascarpone cream, and pound cake combine wonderfully and Grand Marnier and gelatin are used to add even more moisture and flavor to this elegant dessert recipe. If you like trifle recipes you will love this blueberry trifle. It is suitable to serve to guests at a dinner party and this one of the nicest ways to use fresh blueberries. These berries have a slightly tart flavor, which is countered by the sweetness of the mascarpone cream and the blueberry gelatin.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32451 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18615 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13829 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10610 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9815 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9481 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8541 Views)