Cherry Trifle Recipe with Angel Food Cake
This holiday cherry trifle is a great dessert because it tastes so good. The vanilla pudding layers, cherry pie filling layers and vanilla-flavored whipped topping layers contrast nicely with each other and if you want to make a fresh cherry trifle recipe, simply replace the cherry pie filling with fresh cherries. You will need to pit them first, unless you want your dinner guests to break their teeth! For an extra flavor, you can add a little Kirsch to the cherries. Kirsch is cherry liqueur and it fortifies the cherry flavor. This is optional of course.
Cherries are juice and richly colored, making them the perfect ingredient to add to your easy trifle recipe. Maybe you have already made a strawberry trifle, chocolate trifle or a classic sherry trifle recipe. This cherry trifle recipe is also very nice and the coconut topping adds a tropical edge to it. You can use a different topping if you want to, perhaps a few fresh cherries (with their stems for a gourmet look) or what about chocolate-dipped cherries? To make these, simply melt some chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave and dip the fresh cherries into it. Let them set in the refrigerator, then use them as a gourmet topping for your cherry trifle recipe.
This tasty fresh cherry trifle recipe makes a flavorful dessert after any kind of entree and everybody will love it. As with lots of trifle recipes, you can choose between making it in a mold or making it in individual glasses. If you are making the centerpiece for a buffet table, opt for the mold. Otherwise, it looks better in individual glasses. Whichever you choose, use glass or plastic, so people can see the cherry trifle recipe layers.
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix
- 8 oz angel food cake
- ½ cup flaked, toasted coconut
- 21 oz canned cherry pie filling
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package vanilla flavor instant pudding
- Beat the pudding mix with 1 ¾ cups of the milk for a couple of minutes on a low speed with an electric mixer.
- Let it stand for a couple of minutes.
- Beat the whipped topping mix with the rest of the milk and the vanilla extract in another bowl until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Cut the angel food cake into ½ inch cubes and pour the cherry juice over them.
- Alternate layers of cherry pie filling, vanilla pudding, and whipped topping between 10 serving glasses, finishing with a layer of whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the top and cover the trifles.
- Chill them for a minimum of 4 hours.
This excellent holiday cherry trifle recipe is guaranteed to thrill your guests. It is so easy to make and you just need to layer whipped topping, cherry pie filling, and vanilla instant pudding to make this tasty treat. If you enjoy making dessert recipes, you will be pleased with how quick and simple this one is. As you can see from the picture, this is a visually pleasing trifle and the colors making it look really tempting. Whatever you are serving as the entree, this cherry pie trifle is sure to be a hit when you serve it for dessert.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)