Elegant Summer Fruit Trifle with Vanilla and Cointreau
This delicious trifle combines vanilla pudding, amaretti cookies, fresh berries and a touch of orange-flavored liqueur to make it nutty, fruity, crunchy, and creamy all at once. Amaretti are almond-flavored cookies, which you can get in many grocery stores. These macaroon-type cookies are traditional to the town of Saronno, which is in Lombardy, Italy. These cookies were invented in the early eighteenth century. According to legend, a bishop from Milan visited Saronno unexpectedly and a young couple invented a sugar, egg white and crushed almond cookie especially for him. He loved them so much that he blessed the two with a long and happy marriage.
If you cannot find these cookies where you live, you can use vanilla-flavored cookies or wafers instead. If you want to make this fruit trifle in one big dish, instead of in separate serving glasses, it will be a big loose when you spoon it out, which does not affect the flavor but might affect the presentation because it might look rather sloppy. This dessert is best if you chill it overnight but make sure it has at least a couple of hours in the refrigerator, to enable the flavors to blend and to make sure the gelatin layers have set properly.
Fruit trifle recipes are often made in the summer but you can make this at any time of the year and for any occasion since they are too good to miss out on. These individual trifles are simple to make and they contain both gelatin and instant pudding. The gelatin gives color to the dessert and enhances the strawberry flavor and the pudding gives this fruit trifle recipe a rich, creamy touch.
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries plus 10 whole ones
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 14 oz amaretti or almond cookies, broken into small pieces
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- Divide half the amaretti cookies between 10 serving glasses.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and then stir in the Cointreau and cold water.
- Chill the gelatin for half an hour, then stir in the raspberries and chopped strawberries.
- Whisk the milk with the vanilla pudding and divide half of it between the serving glasses.
- Top that with the thickened strawberry gelatin mixture.
- Repeat these 3 layers and top each trifle with a whole strawberry.
- Chill the desserts for at least 2 hours before serving.
This elegant and colorful fruit trifle recipe combines crunchy cookie with creamy pudding and fruity gelatin, give it plenty of flavor as well as contrasting textures. If you are looking for easy fruit trifle recipes, which you can serve at a dinner party or any kind of get-together, you will like this summer fruit trifle recipe because it is simple to make but the results are spectacular. You can use Cointreau to add more flavor to the gelatin layers or any other orange-flavored liqueur. If you prefer, you can omit this ingredient. Fruit trifle recipes are really popular in the summer because they are cool, refreshing, and full of flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32448 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10609 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9809 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8538 Views)