Fruit Trifle Recipes with Gelatin
If you like to make fruit trifle recipes, you will love this apricot gelatin recipe. Instant vanilla pudding, cake, apricots, and cream are used in this apricot gelatin trifle recipe and the result is great. This trifle recipe is loosely based on a traditional English fruit trifle and the flavors are very good together. A lot of apricot recipes combine apricots with other fruits and in this trifle recipe we also strawberry gelatin. Apricot gelatin might not be one of the most commonly used gelatin flavors in gelatin recipes but it works perfectly in this delicious trifle-style cake recipe.
There are lots of varieties of trifle, including strawberry trifle, sherry trifle and banana trifle, as well as others. Have you ever tried a trifle recipe? If not, you have missed out, because trifle is really delicious!
Perhaps you are a fan of apricot recipes, in which case this is the best trifle recipe you can make. Serve this flavorful trifle after any kind of meal. It is quite a festive dessert in some places, so you might like to bear it in mind for Thanksgiving or Christmas, if you fancy making something a bit different for one of those occasions.
- ¼ lb plain cake
- 20 oz can apricots
- Milk with juice from apricots to equal 2 cups
- 1 small package strawberry gelatin
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 small package apricot gelatin
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- Slice the cake and divide between 8 dessert bowls.
- Mix half a cup of boiling water with the gelatin and stir until dissolved, and then pour it over the cake.
- Dissolve the strawberry gelatin in the remaining boiling water, and then stir in the cold water.
- Set this mixture to one side.
- Drain the juice from the canned apricots and reserve it.
- Slice the apricots and arrange them over the cake and gelatin.
- Combine the apricot juice with enough milk to make 2 cups and mix this with the instant pudding.
- Pour this over the cake, gelatin, and apricots.
- Add the thickened strawberry gelatin mixture to the trifles and let them set completely in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (50831 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32492 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18634 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17665 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13856 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10676 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9875 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9524 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9062 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8620 Views)