Heavenly Raspberry Trifle Using Raspberry Liquor
The raspberry liqueur in this raspberry trifle recipe gives it an elegant touch and the fresh raspberries are also wonderful if you want to make a classic dessert, which will impress everybody. A traditional raspberry trifle might use whipped cream and homemade egg custard but you can save time by using whipped topping and vanilla instant pudding. These ingredients make an equally delicious raspberry orange trifle but they shorten the preparation time, which is always handy.
This colorful trifle using raspberry liquor is a perfect dessert whether you are feeding the family or looking for a dinner party dessert. You can make these individual trifles in advance and simply add the garnish when you are ready to serve them. Using an aerosol cream instead of a tub of Cool Whip makes it easier to make a good-looking garnish or you could pipe out some whipped cream with a rosette-tipped piping bag for the same effect.
Raspberries are seasonal but don’t use frozen raspberries in this raspberry trifle because they will not have the same texture. Frozen raspberries are fine if you are making a mousse or something like a smoothie, in which they are liquidized but if you are using raspberries for a garnish, they should be fresh because the texture is good and they look a lot better. You can switch the raspberries in this trifle using raspberry liquor recipe if you like. Strawberries would also be good, or what about blackberries?
- 1 package raspberry gelatin
- 1 package orange gelatin
- 1 cup sparkling wine
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ pint fresh raspberries
- 1 package vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 container thawed whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liquor or Kirsch
- 4 ice cubes in 1 cup cold water
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
- Dissolve the raspberry and orange gelatin in the boiling water, then pour in the wine, ice cubes in water and raspberry liqueur or Kirsch.
- Stir the mixture until the ice melts and chill it in the refrigerator until it is partially set.
- Stir in ? of the raspberries and divide the gelatin mixture between 8 serving glasses and chill it until it is completely set.
- Whisk the pudding with the milk and top the gelatin with it.
- Chill the desserts for half an hour, then top them with the whipped topping, the remaining fresh raspberries and the sprigs of mint just before serving.
This delicious raspberry trifle is made in three mouthwatering layers. First is a layer of raspberry gelatin, fortified with sparkling wine and raspberry liquor. Next, you have a creamy layer of vanilla pudding and the topping is an impressive-looking layer of whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint leaves. How could anybody resist this appetizing raspberry orange trifle? Maybe you have had a traditional raspberry trifle before or a chocolate raspberry trifle, but this sweet and flavorful raspberry orange trifle is irresistible. It makes a change from strawberry trifle recipes and the fresh fruit and raspberry liquor give it a gourmet taste.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)