Kiwi and Strawberry Trifle Recipe
This tasty strawberry kiwi trifle recipe is easy to make and the green and red fruit looks very colorful as a topping. As with most trifle recipes, this one is made in layers. First, there is a strawberry gelatin layer containing banana, strawberries and pineapple, as well as cubes of angel food cake. The next layer is vanilla instant pudding, which is a real timesaver. Usually custard is used for the middle layer but not everybody has the time to make homemade custard. Vanilla instant pudding has a similar flavor and texture, so it is nice to use that if you are in a rush.
The strawberry kiwi trifle is topped with Cool Whip and fresh fruit. It is best to slice the strawberries and kiwi and decorate the cake just before you serve it, so the fruit slices will not dry out. This gives the trifle a fresher flavor and texture.
You can serve this delicious kiwi and strawberry trifle recipe to your family after dinner or even as a dinner party dessert. Trifle dessert recipes work well at dinner parties because the light combination of pudding and whipped cream is tasty but not too filling and if your guests are full they can still enjoy this. Remember the slogan, “there’s always room for JELL-O ®?” Well, that applies to trifle recipes too!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup mashed strawberries
- 8 oz angel food cake, in 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups sliced strawberries plus 10 halved strawberries
- 1 cup sliced firm banana
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks in juice
- 8 oz thawed Cool Whip
- 2 peeled, sliced kiwis
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water in a small bowl, and then stir in the cold water.
- Cover and chill it until it has thickened.
- Put the cake cubes in a 3 quart trifle bowl.
- Mix the mashed strawberries and sugar together and spoon this mixture over the cake.
- Drain the pineapple, keeping ¼ cup of the juice.
- Cut each pineapple chunk in half and arrange them over the cake.
- Toss the banana slices with the pineapple juice and add this to the bowl.
- Spoon the chilled gelatin over the fruit and cake in the bowl and leave it to set completely in the refrigerator.
- Whisk the vanilla pudding with the milk and let it sit for 5 minutes, and then spoon it over the gelatin.
- Top the trifle with the Cool Whip and chill it for half an hour.
- Garnish the trifle with the sliced strawberries and kiwi just before serving.
If you are looking for a colorful kiwi and strawberry trifle recipe, just take a look at this photo. This is one of the most mouthwatering trifle dessert recipes of all and your guests will be delighted to discover the pineapple and banana in the gelatin layer, as well as the tasty cubes of angel food cake. The vanilla pudding works well with this strawberry kiwi trifle and it is suitable for beginner cooks to make. If you can mix water with gelatin, mix milk with instant pudding, and slice fruit, you can make this trifle! You will need to use fresh fruit to make this – thawed strawberries would be too soggy-looking to use as a decoration.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32440 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)