Special Strawberry Trifle Recipe with Cinnamon
This strawberry trifle recipe is quite healthy because of the fresh orange juice and strawberries. To make it even lower in fat and calories, you could use sugar free instant pudding instead of conventional pudding and use Splenda instead of the sugar. Why not garnish this strawberry trifle with a strawberry fan instead of strawberry pieces? To make this, you should put a strawberry stem-down in an egg slicer, then lower the top and slice the strawberry almost all the way through. Remove the berry and fan out the slices. This is a very nice-looking garnish and so easy to do.
The combination of strawberries and vanilla is a very special one and it works nicely in this trifle recipe. You will also find that adding the vanilla extract and vanilla cookies maximizes the trifle’s vanilla flavor. The almond extract, cinnamon and fresh orange juice also add taste and a touch of freshness and spice which makes this quite a gourmet strawberry trifle recipe. The layers in the dishes make it look nice too. As with most trifle recipes, you can make this strawberry trifle recipe in one big trifle dish rather than several individual ones if you prefer.
You can even add a tablespoon of Cointreau or butterscotch schnapps to the vanilla pudding, to add another flavor dimension. Not every trifle recipe contains alcohol but sometimes adding a little can fortify the flavor of the dish and add a sophisticated touch to it. If you are using vanilla pudding, stick to a subtle flavored liqueur. If you are using chocolate pudding as a layer in your trifle recipe, you can try something richer like Kahlua, Tia Maria, or even Bailey’s Irish Cream. If you are looking for the best strawberry trifle original recipe to serve at a formal gathering or dinner party, you cannot go wrong with this one. It is so fresh-tasting and mouthwatering and everyone will enjoy it immensely.
- 1 package vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 8 vanilla cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 big Navel orange
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Wash and hull the strawberries, then cut them into quarters.
- Add the juice from the orange to the strawberries.
- Stir the mixture, adding the vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Whisk the instant pudding with the milk and divide half of it between 4 serving glasses.
- Break the vanilla cookies into pieces and add ? of the pieces to the glasses.
- Add the rest of the pudding, then the strawberries, and finally the remaining cookie crumbs.
This delicious strawberry trifle recipe is so easy to make and it has such a nice flavor. Adding the cinnamon and almond extract gives it an earthy, nutty taste and the vanilla cookies, vanilla extract and vanilla pudding contrasts well with the strawberries, making this the best strawberry trifle original recipe if you are looking for something elegant with a true homemade flavor. This strawberry trifle recipe is light enough to make a nice dessert after any kind of entree. It is best if you chill it for a couple of hours before serving, to allow the flavors to mingle.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17610 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10600 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9802 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9479 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8530 Views)