The Best Strawberry Trifle Original Recipe with Apricots
If you are looking for the best strawberry trifle original recipe, this one is very good. Although it does not contain any cake, the fruity flavors combine very nicely with the vanilla pudding on top. This dessert is made with a layer of strawberry gelatin containing mandarin segments and raspberries, a layer of creamy instant vanilla pudding and a layer of cream and apricots, making it perfect for the spring or summer because it is cool and refreshing.
This is also an elegant dessert to serve at a dinner party and you can make it ahead (do not put the cream and apricots on top until just before serving though). Make ahead gelatin recipes are always handy because you can make them in the morning and keep them safely in the refrigerator until they are required. This is an appealing and colorful trifle recipe, which is really easy to prepare.
You can change the fruit if you would like to. If you do not want to use raspberries, just leave them out. Alternatively, you could use a can of mixed fruit or some extra strawberries. Trifle recipes usually have cake or fruit in the gelatin layer. This dessert will appeal to kids and adults because it is sweet and fruity. The gelatin layer contrasts nicely with the pudding layer because the flavors and textures are very different.
- 1 cup boiling water
- Cold water, as needed
- 6 oz frozen raspberries
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 5 chopped strawberries
- 1 small can mandarin segments in juice
- 8 canned apricots, halved
- Add the boiling water to the gelatin and stir for a couple of minutes or until the gelatin dissolves.
- Drain the juice from the mandarin segments into a measuring cup and add enough cold water to get 1 cup of liquid.
- Stir this into the hot gelatin mixture.
- Let it stand for ten minutes or until it has thickened a bit.
- Stir in the raspberries and mandarin segments.
- Divide the gelatin between 8 serving glasses and chill them for an hour or until they are set.
- Whisk the vanilla pudding and milk together, and then stir in most of the cream.
- Divide this between the serving glasses.
- Chill the desserts for an hour.
- Garnish each one with a little cream and a couple of apricot halves just before serving.
This colorful, vibrant dessert looks really mouthwatering and the different layers make it appealing. The fruity gelatin layer is topped with a rich, creamy vanilla custard and then on top of that you have cream and apricot halves, making this one of the most appetizing trifle recipes ever. This is the best strawberry trifle original recipe to make if you want to serve something a little different. Traditional trifle recipes contain cake and are topped with a layer of whipped cream. They are also served in a trifle dish whereas these desserts are served in individual glasses, taking the traditional elements from the classic trifle recipe and modernizing them to make a new and totally delicious dessert.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49942 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32448 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18614 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17621 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13828 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10609 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9809 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9036 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8537 Views)