Trifle Recipes Chocolate Cake Chocolate Pudding
Anyone looking for trifle recipes chocolate cake chocolate pudding will love this recipe. It is quite different from a conventional trifle recipe because it does not contain gelatin but this recipe combines banana cream pudding with a chocolate cake-enriched chocolate pudding and these desserts are topped with sherry-infused strawberries, Cool Whip and there is a chopped nut and chocolate curl topping, just to finish it off in style. There is no doubt that this is an impressive looking dish but the nice thing about it is how quick and easy the recipe is. You can use a slice of chocolate cake if you do not have a chocolate muffin. This is to add another texture to the chocolate layer and to increase the chocolate flavor.
This is a great-looking dessert and it is also pretty simple to make! You can use any alcohol you like to soak the strawberries (or leave it out altogether, if you prefer). Madeira wine, brandy or port wine would work well if you do not have sweet sherry. Sherry is used in traditional trifle recipes though, so it might be nice to use it here, to give a traditional touch to this otherwise non-traditional recipe for sherry trifle.
To make the chocolate curls, you will need to chill a block of chocolate and then run a sharp knife over the top of it to make them. This is pretty easy. If you have chocolate chips, you can melt them in the microwave and set them in the refrigerator. This also means you will have a flat top to scrape the chocolate curls off of, which is certainly easier than using chunks of chocolate to make them. Use semisweet chocolate for the best results.
- 1 package banana cream flavor instant pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 12 sliced strawberries
- 1 chopped chocolate muffin
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding
- 3 tablespoons chocolate curls
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Soak the strawberries in the sherry for half an hour.
- Whisk half the milk with the banana cream flavor instant pudding and divide the pudding between 6 serving glasses.
- Whisk the remaining cream with the chocolate flavor instant pudding and stir in the muffin pieces.
- Spoon this over the banana cream pudding in the glasses.
- Divide the marinated strawberries between the glasses, and then divide the Cool Whip between them.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts and chocolate curls over the top and serve immediately.
This delicious combination of flavors and textures is an impressive and mouthwatering dessert. If you enjoy making trifle recipes chocolate cake chocolate pudding trifle is a nice one to choose. The sherry-soaked strawberries give this dish a gourmet flavor and using chocolate cake in the chocolate pudding adds interest too. This might be an easy trifle recipe to make but it is one of the nicest, both in terms of appearance and flavor. If you like gelatin in your trifle recipes, this might not be the recipe you had in mind, but if the decadent combination of chocolate, banana, strawberries and cream sounds appealing, this trifle recipe could be perfect for you.
Leave a Reply
- Top Dessert Ideas to Keep Them Coming Back October 9, 2015
- Tangy Lime Cupcakes with Poppy Seeds September 30, 2014
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake September 22, 2014
- Spiced Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie September 21, 2014
- Plum Strudel with Walnuts September 16, 2014
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe December 22, 2013
- Easy No Cook Banana Pudding Recipe December 21, 2013
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe December 21, 2013
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe December 21, 2013
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf December 20, 2013
- Almond Butter Cookies Recipe December 18, 2013
- Apricot Meringue Pie Recipe December 18, 2013
- A Simple Recipe for Egg Tarts December 15, 2013
- Easy Carrot Pudding Recipe December 15, 2013
- Chocolate Caramel Brownies November 28, 2013
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe November 25, 2013
- Home (49172 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (32439 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (18613 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (17615 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (13826 Views)
- Golden Rum Cake Recipe (10602 Views)
- Cute Green Frog Cupcake Recipe (9804 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (9480 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (9030 Views)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Recipe (8532 Views)