different types of pumpkin pie
What Makes Pumpkin Pie Recipes So Wonderfully Unique
Pumpkin pie is a classic dish and it is a favorite for many people. You can enjoy this wonderful dish warm or chilled, and even a complete novice in the kitchen is able to make a lovely pumpkin pie recipe for the family.
Interesting Pumpkin Pie History
The first pumpkin pies were made as early as 1621, when early American settlers filled hollowed-out pumpkin shells with honey, spices, and milk, before baking them in hot ashes. Northeastern Native Americans grew their own pumpkins and they boiled or roasted them for eating. It was the Native Americans who taught settlers how to prepare this plentiful and nutritious vegetable.
The first American cookbook, published in 1796, featured a pumpkin pie recipe with eggs, cream, pumpkin, mace, sugar, ginger, and nutmeg, baked in a crust. A similar recipe called for milk, pumpkin, molasses, allspice, ginger, and eggs in a crust. Continue reading
- Home (26586 Views)
- Recipe for Gingerbread Loaf (21072 Views)
- Here are Some Easter Decorating Ideas for Cupcakes (13629 Views)
- Beauty is a Vanilla Icing Recipe for Cupcake (9505 Views)
- Fresh Strawberry Trifle Recipe with Red Wine (6078 Views)
- Recipe for Rhubarb Bread Using Either Sour Cream or Buttermilk (5791 Views)
- Crockpot Blueberry Coffee Cake with Vanilla (5719 Views)
- Slow Cooked Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe (5682 Views)
- Celebrate the Day with a Lemon Frosting Gourmet Cupcake (5335 Views)
- Sweet Lemon Cupcake Recipe (5017 Views)